Gallery

Saturday, June 01, 2019

Idle snapping



Still in the process of familiarising myself with the Olympus Four Thirds camera, I'm spending part of the afternoon running through the camera menus. During this electronic ramble I look up and am immediately attracted by the sun's oblique rays raking across my resonator guitar on the other side of the room, and instinctively fire off a few shots.

What strikes me most is the ability to add exposure compensation and see - in real time - the precise effect that it is having on the subject in the viewfinder. Sweet.

At a stroke this eliminates "chimping" the rear screen to check the histogram to see if I'm getting what I'm after since I already know before the shot is taken. I think I'm going to like this.




Olympus OM-D EM-10Mk III with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko Pancake lens. 1/200 second at f/5.6. ESP metering.    - 2⅔ Stop EV compensation. ISO 200



© 2019

No comments: