Gallery

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Wide-eyed (and late to the party)


Wide-angle lenses: during my early days of photography I was perplexed as to why anyone would want to make their subject appear smaller (rather than bigger) in the frame. But once I had realised their potential, and learned how to exploit it, the focal length became a firm favourite.

However, my move to digital shooting - marked by the start of this blog - took away that exploitation to some extent, governed by the APS-C sensor in the cameras I have been using. That is until this week.

Late to the party of the mirrorless camera? Possibly, although I did use the Micro Four Thirds system a few years ago, but weight considerations have finally pushed me into the Nikon Z system; the full-frame sensor; and the truly wide lenses that I have missed all these years.


© 2024 


No comments: