Gallery

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Still cold...


With daylight hours increasing noticeably it won't be too long before the sun begins to rise inland along the south coast of the UK. Taking advantage of what good light is available, between rain - and in some places, snow - I again return to the seafront to photograph the dawn. The Met Office predicted clear skies, and I decided on the location the night before, as I did the lens that I used. This is one of two third party zoom lenses I own (these are a throwback to the days of film), mainly to give it some exercise (yes, they do need it).
So it was on the bike before sunrise, and braving a temperature of -3˚C, I cycle to Hengistbury Head, Dorset, to see what nature had to offer. The image shows the sun rising over The Needles, Isle of Wight.

Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 EX-DG lens. 1/200 second at F/7.1. ISO 400. +1.0 exposure compensation. 0.9 grey grad ND filter.

© 2009

No comments: