Gallery

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bike (part II)...


During the past week I've pondered the question of a second bike that would cover rougher terrain with greater ease. By Friday I was done with pondering and paid a visit to my local bicycle emporium for a hands-on approach. I'd researched the subject on the internet, and spoken to a number of knowledgeable people as to what would be suitable, so I already had a good idea of what I was after - which turned out to be a cross-country model (big tyres; disc brakes - all that stuff).
Although my fitness level has increased somewhat since the beginning of the year it is something of a setback having to adjust to a new riding position, and in particular the item that passes as a seat - laughingly called the saddle. This lethal-looking sliver of metal and plastic turned out to be something of a wonder as it is far more comfortable than it looks, borne out by the 30-odd miles I've ridden on it since I took delivery, yesterday afternoon.
Eager to get the bike settled in as quickly as possible I'm up before dawn and riding to Christchurch harbour where I photograph the boats at 6:25 am on a falling tide. Christchurch Priory is in the distance.

70-200 f/2.8 Sigma lens. 1/400 second at f/8. ISO 640.

© 2009

No comments: