Gallery

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Far Corfe view...


With the promise of good spring weather in conjunction with feeling somewhat adventureous I try for my first goal since buying a bike, and cycle deep into the Dorset countryside to Corfe Castle. It's a 32 mile (51.5 km) round trip via the Sandbanks-Studland ferry, some of which is cross country.
Now, it's rarely the case that I can drive to a location, get out of the car and start shooting: the best images are always some distance off the beaten track. Buying a hybrid bike was intended to give me the flexibility which other forms of transport lack, but I'm beginning to realise its limitations. The paths that I'm now encountering are demanding a full-blown mountain bike - the tyres are much wider, and more suited to off-road conditions that I never though I would encounter. The best laid schemes o' mice an' men... Oh, well - time to spend some more money (woo-hoo!).

24-70 f/2.8 Sigma EX DG lens. 1/50 second at f/11. -0.33 EV. ISO 400.

© 2009

No comments: