Gallery

Monday, August 31, 2009

Big Skies...


Clear blue skies of the afternoon give way to the clouds of a weather front coming in from the west, and responding to the satellite image on the Met Office's web site I take a chance and I ride west for some dusk shooting.

Fast lenses, plus the ability to change the ISO to suit lighting levels is one of the major advantages of the digital format. Not so long ago I would have been lugging a tripod around for low light photography when photographing with film, and more than likely struggling with slow emulsions and unfeasibly long exposures - now I just increase the sensitivity of the sensor and away I shoot ... ah, the annals of history.
I decide to make a number of images using a fisheye lens - mainly for graphic effect - to exaggerate the sky and bend the straight lines of the jetty.

The photograph of the Bramble Bush Bay ferry, Sandbanks, was taken just before sunset.

10.5mm f/2.8 Nikkor Fisheye. 1/160 second at f/8. -0.33 EV. ISO 400

© 2009

No comments: