Gallery

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Stretching Duck...


During the eight months that I've been cycling I've covered some 1,856 miles (2,987km), and in all that time it has been trouble free: until the past 6 days, where I have had two rear tyre punctures. I suppose I've previously been lucky, considering some of the terrain I've ridden over. Of course, I was fully equipped with tyre levers and inner tube patches to effect a repair, but not prepared for the valve to shear-off during inflation! Consequently I was left with a 4 mile walk home. Worse things happen at sea...

Before this dilemma I'd been photographing the ducks on Throop Millpond, on the Dorset Stour, during the early evening. Watching the ducks preening themselves and vying for position for the best sites can be novel viewing: beware the duck that moves as the spot is soon lost to others. This is usually followed by a bout of leg and wing stretching before settling down for the night (image).

300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor (VR off) and x1.4 TC-4EII teleconverter. 1/1250 second at f/5. -0.67 EV. ISO 400. Monopod.

© 2009

No comments: