Gallery

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Winter's morning...



I passed on the pre-dawn start today, despite the obvious good light shining through my window, and had an extra half hour in bed. I was, however, out an hour after sunrise and roaming through Wick Fields, Christchurch, with a camera. Overnight temperatures had dropped below zero, and there was a good ground frost, along with frozen standing water, and I didn't have to try too hard to make good photographs.

But once again the appearance of a Little Egret gets my full attention. Although it settles to feed too far away from my vantage point to get frame filling images, I do get one opportunity to photograph the bird in flight as it glides from one feeding spot to another.

300mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/8000 second at f/4. -0.67EV. ISO 400

© 2010

No comments: