Gallery

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Arctic Sunrise...



I have a feeling the mild weather we have been experiencing in the South West of the UK is about to depart for cooler conditions, although the wind chill factor from a stiff south-westerly no doubt played a part, today.

I cycled to Poole Harbour, mainly for the exercise, but as always, I had my camera with me. Upon arrival at Sandbanks I was aware of the Greenpeace ship Arctic Sunrise leaving port, and I had to race it to the harbour entrance to get into position to photograph the vessel as it passed before Brownsea Island (photo). I had no inkling that the ship was in port, but obviously others did as there were more photographers than usual toting cameras in the area.

70-200mm f/2.8 AF Apo Sigma lens. 1/500 second at f/5.6. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2011

No comments: