Gallery

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunshine and colour...



Easter Sunday (as well as the start of British Summertime), and the weather takes a turn for the better. It's still cold - in fact the coldest Easter on record in the UK - but there is glorious sunshine to off-set that. Making the decision to get out with my camera whilst it lasts I head for the beach with one thing in mind: Colour.

It's the painted fronts of the beach huts that give me my best subjects, and I spend an hour or so photographing whatever takes my eye. I'm doing this as an exercise in "gut reaction"; seeing and shooting without too much thought - framing and firing the shutter before moving swiftly on to look for the next image - and working purely on an emotional level.





24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor

Top: 1/1000 second at f/8.  - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 320
Left: 1/1000 second at f/5.6. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 320
Right: 1/2500 second at f/5.6. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 320


© 2013




Addendum: I have finally found a way to add a lightbox to view the images on this blog - no thanks to Google.


No comments: