Gallery

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chancing it



I rarely seem to get it right when it comes to photographing water sports from the local beaches. Usually I just chance it when shooting casually, but more often than not I am toting long lenses and there is no-one to be seen, or I have wides in my bag and you can't see the horizon for surfers of every kind bobbing about in the waves. A bit of forward planning on my part wouldn't go amiss, but even then finding surfers who can stay on the board long enough to get good images can prove difficult when I do get it right.

Of the dozen or so "riding the waves" this afternoon, this chap was by far and away the best at his craft. Unfortunately, the fading light and outgoing tide put paid to an extended shoot.



300mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor with TC-14EII converter. 1/320 second at f/5.6. Matrix metering. + 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 500. Monopod



© 2015


No comments: