Gallery

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Slow news day and the Greenland Block



That rarity that I mentioned at the end of last year; snow, made an appearance here overnight. It was a light dusting of a few millimetres and nothing more, but the local online news feed attempted to make something of it. Obviously a slow news day since there was nothing that might cause any disruption, it all disappeared quickly once the sun rose high enough in the sky. But as I say, in this neck of the woods we so rarely get it that even a few flakes makes the news. I have no doubt that this weather phenomena was caused by the current Greenland Block (no, me neither), so I won't go into that here..

What I do know is this meteorological feature appears to be bringing cold but calm conditions, enabling me to calmly take photographs of calm scenes. Like this one.



12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/320 second at f/11. Matrix metering. - 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 400



© 2015

No comments: