Gallery

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Unavailable light photography



I thought that I would push myself a bit, today, and shoot after the sun had set. It's not something I do much of, to be honest, but I have had the idea in my head for the past week or so. It was now just a matter of when conditions were suitable to make my move.

Success with this style of photography relies on there still being some light in the sky - in this case 36 minutes after the sun had disappeared - whilst the tide pools created by the falling tide reflect the colour of the afterglow.



12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 4 seconds at f/11. Matrix metering. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 160. Tripod and remote release.



© 2015

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice shot Richard,I like the light and reflection in the pools of water.

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, Toby. :-)