Gallery

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Not always right



More often than not, when I choose a photograph from a shoot I go with my gut feeling as to which image to use as I scan through the uploads. If it jumps off the screen at me - and taking into consideration which frame I mentally selected as I fired the shutter - I'm usually right with my initial reaction to the thumbnails. But there are times when I change my mind during the editing stage. 

Taken within an hour of each other, the picture below was my original choice for this post, but I subsequently felt the one above better captured the mood of the morning.



Top: 18-35mm f/3.5 - 4.5 ED Nikkor. 1/1600 second at f/8. Matrix metering. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 100

Below: 18-35mm f/3.5 - 4.5 ED Nikkor. 1/640 second at f/8. Matrix metering. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 100. 

Mono conversion in Silver Efex Pro 2



© 2018


No comments: