Gallery

Thursday, February 07, 2019

Everyday stuff (and something a bit special...)





It's a bright day - with just the right amount of cloud - and I'm still putting the new camera body through its paces; getting to know how it reacts to given situations. I'm also doing something that I've not been able to do since my days of using film cameras: shooting at ISO 50. I miss using slow emulsions such as Kodachrome 25 and Fuji Velvia, but only for the fine grain and colours they produced. Now I've got got that option back.

Walking between the two piers of Poole Bay, I stop and photograph anything I like the look of. Most of it is run-of-the-mill stuff you normally wouldn't give a second glance to, but what really caught my eye was the painting - Fragments of Time - by Colombian artist Dario Vargas, on a wall in The Arches, Bournemouth seafront.


Lens: 24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. Matrix metering. ISO 50

Top: 1/200 second at f/11. - ⅔ EV compensation
Middle: 1/160 second at f/8
Bottom: 1/2000 second at f/2.8. - ⅔ EV compensation



© 2019

No comments: