Gallery

Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Set in stone





Grey skies and mist are ideal conditions for portrait photography, so I visit a local cemetery to spend an hour or so with some co-operative subjects.

I'm being a grown-up photographer, today, and shooting in manual mode using spot metering. For 99.9% of my photography I use Aperture Priority, since it is usually dept of field I want to control, but this afternoon I throw caution to the wind; use a fast lens wide open, and have some fun.

I'm also reckless with post processing, using a preset in the editing software to produce the final result.



Lens: 85mm f/1.4 AF Nikkor. Manual mode and spot metering. Preset in Silver Efex Pro 2.

Top: 1/100 second at f/1.4. ISO 64
Middle: 1/160 second at f/1.4. ISO 100
Bottom: 1/320 second at f/1.4. ISO 100



© 2019


No comments: