Gallery

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Emmetts Hill


I mentioned in my last post about how frustrating it can be when you see all the best light happening on the way to a location. Well today it was the reverse. Time constraints gave me little choice but to leave the scene above, about 30 minutes before the skies cleared and stunning light swept across the landscape.

I had sat patiently on the steps at St. Aldhelm's Head - Isle of Purbeck - for some two hours: most of that time in the rain, hoping for good light. In fact I knew it was coming, so it was just a matter of when. The above photograph was taken shortly after my arrival, but I knew I could do better. I did take a number of images of the rain swept coastline, and that's a plus in itself as they, too, have their own character. But how I wish I had not been pressed for time...


12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/160 second at f/11. Matrix metering. 0.3 Lee ND graduated and 81B filters. ISO 160



© 2019 

No comments: