Gallery

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Fast and furious



Probably the most frustrating thing a landscape photographer can experience is superb light whilst travelling to a location. The day started with torrential rain, but the forecast was favourable, predicting scattered showers and sun until early evening. Unfortunately, that part happened to me en route, and by the time I arrived on the Jurassic Coast I was left with blue skies and strong winds.

As it turned out, this was better than nothing as later in the afternoon thick, grey cloud rolled in from the west. The strong winds - gusting up to 40mph on the cliff top - were creating havoc as far as keeping the camera steady was concerned, and I had little option but to up the ISO to give me shutter speeds fast enough to keep things sharp.



12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/320 second at f/11. Matrix metering. 0.6 Lee ND graduated and 81B filters. ISO 320



© 2019

No comments: