Gallery

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Aircraft sanctuary



I haven't been out of the house since Sunday, and although not suffering from cabin fever per se, I need to get out for some fresh air. Adhering to government rules regarding coronavirus and exercise I opt to cycle somewhere, and choose a route that will go largely across country.

It's a perfect spring day with light winds, and the ride takes me past my local airport. I'm surprised at the number of commercial passenger aircraft parked up along the perimiter, all grounded because of travel restrictions. There are over 50 such aeroplanes, and although it's a pronvincial airport the runway is long enough to allow Boeing 747s to take sanctuary there.



Olympus OM-D EM Mk III with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Pancake lens. 1/1000 second at f/8. -1 stop EV compensation. ISO 200



© 2020

No comments: