Gallery

Saturday, April 11, 2020

I need to stay in more



Looking like threads of silver wire soldered together, bubbles created with a blend of water, washing up liquid and glycerine create unique tabletop subjects.

After mixing 75 ml of water with the detergent at a ratio of 3:1 in an old darkroom measuring graduate, I added a tablespoon of glycerine to the concotion. The solution was then poured into an old lens cap, and air blown into it using a drinking straw; the glycerine being added to keep the bubbles stable long enough to make a composition.

Photographed side-on and lit from overhead by a single flash unit, I moved the light around until I got the look I was after.



105mm f/2.8 Sigma macro lens. 1/250 second at f/11. Manual flash at full power through a diffuser. Tripod and remote release. ISO 100



© 2020

No comments: