Gallery

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Serendipity


It's a 3¾ mile walk along the top of Nine Barrow Down, from Ulwell to Corfe Castle, and yesterday's ramble was so-so photographically; not just because the sky was virtually cloudless, but I also managed to mislay the camera's memory card once I'd got home.

Temperatures have dropped considerably in the past few days and early morning frosts are back. Standard practice when entering a warm environment with cold camera equipment is to allow the bag to reach ambient temperature before opening. This prevents condensation forming on cold surfaces and potentially causing (costly) issues at a later date. To work around this, I remove the memory card before entering the house. That way I can upload files quickly and set about the editing process.

However, it seems that in my rush to get started I put the card down somewhere and then promptly forgot where it was. It can only be in one of two rooms, but just where it has disappeared to remains (at the time of writing) a mystery.

So today I decide to do a re-shoot, and retrace my steps at the same time of day, along the same route... and I'm glad I did. There's a good deal of cloud about this time around, and when the sun breaks through the broken light totally transforms an already breathtaking landscape. The cows are simply a bonus.


Image: From atop Nine Barrow Down, looking towards Corfe Castle.


© 2021

No comments: