Gallery

Friday, November 19, 2010

Clouds...


Today's weather is dominated by showers and sunshine, so much so that I decide to make the abundant clouds the subject of my lens. Perhaps not the most exciting of subjects, but each sky is unique - never to be repeated...anywhere - so it can be a worthwhile avenue to explore from a photographic point of view.

I know some photographers shoot sky images so they can be used later to "jazz-up" landscape photos that are lacking in that department, dropping cloud formations into subjects shot at a different time or location. There is nothing inherently wrong with this type of montage, although in my opinion it's not entirely convincing. I should add at this point that it is something I never do. If the sky is unsuitable I return at a time when it is, or exclude it altogether.

70-200mm f/2.8D Apo Sigma lens. 1/3200 second at f/5. +0.33 EV compensation. ISO 640

© 2010

No comments: