Gallery

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kitesurfer, Sandbanks...

It can often be the case that unless a photographer lugs all of his or her lenses around, shots will be missed. There have been numerous occasions when I've not been able to go wide enough, or long enough, and it's certainly not practical to carry everything on a bike. Today, my luck was in.

Although I was still only carrying three lenses, conditions (plus a good deal of skill on behalf of the windsurfers) came together in the way of light, tide and wind direction. My longest focal length available to me was 200mm, but it proved long enough to capture some deft moves from one particular kitesurfer at Sandbanks.

The image here is from a sequence, and shows him at the top of his manoeuvre (I'm sure they have names for all this), with the town of Poole, Dorset, in the background.


70-200mm f/2.8D Apo Sigma lens. 1/1250 second at f/4.5. -0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200

© 2011

1 comment:

Mark Davey said...

Great action photograph Richard, It's one I could show to the students on my Basic DSLR course who have just completed their action assignment.
They have to do night shot this week (2/2/2011)
Best Regards
Mark Davey