Gallery

Monday, January 24, 2011

Not what I expected...


I'm in Poole, Dorset, today - primarily on business - but also on a reconnaissance mission to check out suitable angles to photograph the progress of the Twin Sails Bridge, due to be opened in 2012, at a (current) cost of £37m.

It's whilst riding from one location to another that I spot the ivy climbing a neglected wall by the roadside, and stop to get some shots. Oddly, the wall was a lemon hue, not white: the camera recorded the colour inaccurately. This is the first time that I've experienced the auto white balance setting not giving the result I expected, and although I can correct the error using Adobe's RAW converter, I think better of it.

50mm f/1.8 Nikkor. 1/200 second at f/5.6. -0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400

© 2011

No comments: