Gallery

Monday, January 07, 2013

How many more times...

It has been an uninspiring few days, light wise, and weekend shoots have never really appealed to me; far too many people about. Today I attempt to do something creative, and go out with a fast, short telephoto lens attached to the camera, for some arty shallow depth of field pictures. I initially set off on foot, and although it's mild for the time of year, I am a little more than surprised to discover a bush beginning to flower in a nearby park (right). To be perfectly honest, I am unable to identify the species (gardening and all it encapsulates not being my strong point), but I do know straight away that  I am toting the wrong lens for the job.

I quickly resign myself to that fact that this may be the most interesting opportunity of the day, and return home to get a more suited optic. I only have myself to blame in this respect, as, for some reason, I try and travel on foot weighed down with as little gear as possible these days. Granted, there is no need for a photographer to try to carry everything they possess when out with a camera - there are those that do make themselves look a little ridiculous lugging everything but the kitchen sink along on the off-chance they will need it - but I should at least give myself a chance with a better range of glass from now on. Lesson learnt (once again). I really should know better.



105mm f/2.8D EX Sigma Macro lens. 1/80 second at f/5.6.  -0.67 EV Compensation. ISO 400. Monopod.


© 2013




No comments: