Gallery

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

No doubt about it...

Winter begins to set in and the weather settles into a more stable mode: It's cold. At least the rain has gone for the time being, only to be replaced by snow by the weekend. That's the forecast tonight as I write, and that might well be supported by the fact that during late morning I had a light dusting of snow. Nothing serious, and it was gone all too soon, but snow nonetheless. Maybe come Friday, when the real fall happens; if it happens, I will get my camera out for some real winter shots. Who am I kidding? Of course I will!

The current high pressure is giving me some nice skies, and I spend a couple of hours by the sea taking cloud shots. I even produce a panoramic photograph of Poole Bay, Dorset, as the sun dips low in the sky, but it's half an hour before sunset that I am treated to the best light that gives a painterly feel to the image. No doubt about it in my mind, the sea, with a good sky above it, is always going to be a winning combination.



24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/2000 second at f/5.6.  + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200



© 2013

No comments: