Gallery

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Low tide; low sun...

An early start was considered for today since the sky was going to clear during the night, and I thought some dawn shots on the beach might be a good idea. However, it was something of a half-hearted attempt, in part because I was up late the night before watching TV, and partly because the temperatures were forecast to plummet as a result. In the event didn't happen, nor was it as cold as I expected.

It did stay bright all day though, and timing my visit with low tide, I once again go to the beach in the hope of something good. It really does depend on how far the tide drops as to what I get in the way of tide pools, and although it is not the lowest tide of the month I do find suitable reflections and textures to use in compositions.

There is something about winter sunsets that I like. Possibly because where I am it happens over the sea, but more likely that it happens so much earlier in the day, with the full evening yet to come. It's always such a rush in the summer months to get everything uploaded and edited if I stay out shooting late; recharging batteries when necessary; preparing for the next day - especially if I have an early session planned - as well as getting watered and fed. It may be colder, but this time of year is far more relaxed.


12-24mm f/4G AF-S Nikkor. 1/400 second at f/11. ISO 400



© 2013

3 comments:

Spanner said...

Wonderful light, colour and texture.

Tim O'Keefe said...

You are a brilliant photographer, Richard Brewer. I hope that you can make your living this way.

Richard Brewer said...

All I had to do was turn up and fire the shutter, Spanner. nature made it easy for me. ;-)

Thank you, Tim. :-) I wish.