Gallery

Monday, November 18, 2013

One dog a-leaping...














It's a dull sort of day, weather-wise; no wind and very mild for the time of year, but there is a low tide and the sheen on the newly exposed sand attracts my attention, as ever. The only problem is that there is nothing else of interest to make a photograph, so I stand motionless for around 15 minutes near the water's edge in the hope that the sky will do something spectacular. It doesn't; it's not that sort of sky.

I am about to give up when a man exercising his dog comes along, hitting a tennis ball along the beach for it to chase, and I see my chance. I make two short bursts with the camera - the only opportunity I get - and hope for the best.



24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/2500 second at f/4. ISO 500



© 2013


2 comments:

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks for waiting Richard. Love this shot! Dave

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, David. Sometimes it pays off; sometimes it doesn't, but always worth the wait, eh? ;-)