Gallery

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Shooting instinctively...

It is a clear, crisp day bordering on winter, yet because of the sun reflecting off the sea it is still relatively mild; warm, even. I'm wandering the seafront, shooting seascape images exclusively, until I come across this scene. Instinctively raising the camera to my eye I fire off a single frame - the only one that is different from all the rest - and knew as I pressed the shutter button it would make a good black and white image.

What intrigued me, having opened the photograph on my computer for post processing, is the way the man's shadow seems to have a ghost-like quality about it; completely detached from its creator. To me, it makes the shot, and the original colour version does not have the same effect.


24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/4000 second at f/5.6. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 320



© 2013

2 comments:

David c.h. Brown said...

Black & White a great choice for this shot Richard. Great stuff! Thanks, Dave

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, Dave. Monochrome is something I have only dabbled in, but hopefully will become more committed to. :-)