Gallery

Saturday, November 01, 2014

In search of a theme...



I've not had much success since Monday with photography, but it's not for the want of trying. I have cycled great distances (well, a good few miles), in search of a theme, trying different locations and techniques to get things working but the results were always disappointing.

It was one such foray to the local nature reserve, yesterday, that I spotted today's subject and knew I was in with a chance. A fallen branch had lodged itself mid-stream on the Dorset Stour and was being used as a fishing perch by a Little Egret, but since I only had short lenses with me at the time there was no point in taking any shots.

This morning I returned to the spot - suitably armed - only to unwittingly frighten off my quarry upon arrival. The waiting game had begun. Surprisingly, it only took half an hour or so before the bird returned and obligingly posed on a branch for some snaps, but my favourite image from the day is of the egret in flight .



300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor. 1/3200 second at f/4.  - 1 stop EV compensation. Tripod. ISO 400



© 2014

2 comments:

David c.h. Brown said...

Beautiful shot Richard....love the bokeh, and sharpness. Thanks, Dave

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, Dave. :-)