Gallery

Saturday, November 08, 2014

The detectorist...



A detectorist at work on Boscombe beach at low tide. These people can always be seen - come rain or shine - as the tide goes out, sweeping the exposed sands with their metal detectors. Quite what they are looking for at this time of year is beyond me since the holiday season is long over and the beaches largely empty.

It is a grab shot: not because I wanted to remain undetected by my subject - people seldom look up, anyway - but because I knew that once he moved the composition would be lost. I had the shot in mind for yesterday's post, but that was before nature did its stuff.


24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/160 second at f/11. ISO 320



© 2014

2 comments:

Spanner said...

Kind of reminds me of the opening credits to a 1940's film noir.

Richard Brewer said...

A zither played in my head as I framed the shot. ;-)