Gallery

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Fair trade...




For the most part of the day the winter's sky remained clear and blue, but instead of taking advantage of what precious little sunlight we get at this time of year I elect to indulge in more bribery in the woods, and some wildlife shooting. I am on the scene by mid-morning to photograph squirrels again (Nic says if I keep this up I'll start to look like them), but whether or not someone else has beaten me to it when it comes to free hand-outs is beside the point: there are none. I know they are there, somewhere, so maybe they're not hungry.

Fat chance. Once one appears it quickly gets busy, and for a quiet hour the squirrels and I trade images for peanuts.



300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor. Tripod. ISO 400
Top: 1/500 second at f/4. - 1 stop EV compensation
Below: 1/250 second at f/4. - 1.67 EV compensation



© 2014

No comments: