Gallery

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Leaving it late



The Golden Hour: that time an hour after sunrise, and the last hour before sunset, produces soft, diffused light much sought after by the outdoor phorographer. However, while many less-informed shooters will pack up and leave a scene the moment the sun dips below the horizon, better results can often be had after the fact.

There was little in the way of cloud in the sky, today, so long before I arrived at my location I had the idea of photographing the afterglow, rather than the sunset itself. This image, taken 15 minutes after the sun had sunk below the horizon, proves my point.



24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/100 second at f/2.8. Matrix metering. ISO 160. Monopod



© 2015

2 comments:

Dane Gardner said...

Nice light and colours Richard.

Richard Brewer said...

My favourite time of the year.