Gallery

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

You're welcome


At last the sun is beginning to set over the sea on my stretch of coastline, and although the weather has been promising during the past few days all the images I made turned out to be near-misses. However, that mix of low sun and low tide combined late this afternoon to produce the above photograph.

Normally, I would (silently) curse if someone walked into my shot, but in this case the addition of a figure - another photographer - worked in my favour; his long shadow adding to the atmosphere of the scene.


24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/320 second at f/8. Matrix metering.  - 1 stop EV compensation. ISO 160



© 2015

4 comments:

Dane Gardner said...

Nice to see you back Richard,met you a few years ago and have followed your Daily Grind ever since.Living in Poole I find your work an inspiration and also the way you see and photograph our local patch!I think the shadow of the person makes this photo along with the colour and light.

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, Spooky Dog. It is always nice to get feedback from a local resident, although you'll have to remind me of where we met. :-)

Dane Gardner said...

About 3 years ago at the Swanage Railway gala!

Richard Brewer said...

Now there's an event I haven't been to for a while. It would be nice to have a chat again at the next one. :-)