Gallery

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Lucky break



Uniform grey skies keep me in the for most of the day, and when I do decide to go for a beach walk during mid afternoon it starts to rain almost as soon as I am out of the door. It turns out to be only a shower, and I while away half an hour while it passes, talking the the chap that drives one of the local the cliff lifts (there are three situated along the cliffs of Poole Bay, Dorset),

This turns out to be significant as the delay keeps me in the area long enough to see the clouds part, giving me some glorious light shortly before the sun sets. It is all too easy to just point the lens at that, but sometimes the view in the opposite direction can produce something equally spectacular, or better.

Looking East, The Isle of Wight polar bear can be seen on the horizon, illuminated by the last rays of the sun, while the remnants of a rainbow lingers in the sky.



24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/100 second at f/5.6. Matrix metering.  -1 stop EV compensation, ISO 400



© 2015

No comments: