Gallery

Saturday, January 16, 2016

No equal



I mentioned architectural photography in my last post, and although I am not big on shooting buildings per se I do like to capture the smaller details. Weathering and decay fascinate me, and its effects often make good images, as with the numbers on a local beach hut.

It has become fashionable in recent years to have new furniture distressed, or musical instruments "reliced" artificially. In both instances (and at a premium price), it is done to give a well-used look and feel to something, but nothing equals the consequences of the passage of time.


24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/125 second at f/8. Matrix metering. + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400



© 2016

2 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Brilliant! What a cool element. I have tried to comment lately and the comment thingy has been disabled. Glad that I could get back in. I never miss one of your posted pictures.

If you don't mind, tell Nic that I can't get to her blog. "This blog is open to invited readers only" is what comes up. Hope you are well. Thanks for the beautiful pictures. I love to see how you interpret your local.

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, Tim. I was unaware of any restrictions on posting comments on my blog, but I have been tinkering with the mechanics of it, recently. Maybe I ticked a box I shouldn't have. Anyway, all seem to be working as it should.

Nic has been asked. :-)