Gallery

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Saving the day



A black & white image might not be everyone's idea of how to present a sunset, but in this instance I feel it works better by just showing shape and form. All through the afternoon the sky looked promising for something spectacular when the time came, but in the event the colours were weak and washed out. I didn't have a monochrome treatment in mind at the time of shooting, but it did save the day.


12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/60 second at f/8. Matrix metering. +0.33 EV compensation. ISO 250. Monopod



© 2016

2 comments:

Dane Gardner said...

Nice B/W conversion,I do a lot of my photos in B/W,I find it can add a different dimension to a photograph.

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you. :-)

Black & White is the bees knees for some subjects. Sometimes it works as well as in colour; sometimes I have mono in mind before I fire the shutter.