Gallery

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Brenscombe Wood...


The weather forecast was wrong again (when will I ever learn? - it predicted light rain - I got hazy sunshine and 18˚) so by mid afternoon I was on my bike and heading for Purbeck.
The Rempstone Trail is becoming familiar to me by now, but there are tracks and paths that branch off in various directions along its route, so there's still plenty of scope to wander.
I bypass Rempstone Hall and this time cross the B3351 to Brenscombe Hill, and it's there that I come across a wood of the same name (image). Although the tree canopy is still in its spring green the light levels are low, so I brace the camera and lens against a convienient trunk to get the shot of the bluebells that carpet the floor.
Continuing up the hill I find myself on Nine Barrow Down - a chalk ridge that runs east-southeast from Corfe Castle to Godlingston Hill, overlooking Swanage, Dorset. Had I started earlier in the day I would have descended the hill into the town...but, oh - those weather forecasts!

24-70 f/2.8 EX DG Sigma lens. 1/15 second at f/8. -0.33 EV. ISO 400. Nearby tree trunk.

© 2009

No comments: