Gallery

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last shot of the day...


After my afternoon siesta - photographers who have early starts usually practice this technique - I get back on my bike in search of something to photograph.
I return to this morning's location, but by late afternoon it's just too busy with tourists, plus the fact a cloud bank rolled in from the south, taking any chance of good light with it.
Oddly, I then choose to ride from Mudeford Quay to Sandbanks, Poole, hopefully to find the vestidges of the late evening sun. The cloud bank had not entirely covered the sky and it looked hopeful that the sun would make a final appearance before setting.
I make numerous images of boats bobbing about on the water, but nothing seems to be coming together - at least not inspiring stuff - so I decide to call it a day and head home.
It's on my way along the shore that I spot a fisherman in the harbour, silhouetted against the light. I use a telephoto lens to isolate the figure, and it's the last photograph I make in the sequence that works the best.

300mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/8000 second at f/4.5. +0.33 EV. ISO 800.

© 2009

No comments: