Gallery

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Off the beaten track...


I've had a mountain bike for a week: now it's time to get it dirty. Having crossed the Sandbanks ferry I ride along Ferry Road towards Studland village, but turn right on Studland heath and take the Rempstone Trail across Rempstone estate, towards Hartland Moor.
The one single advantage of cycling these lanes and tracks is the fact that I can stop where I like, as and when the mood takes me: no need to worry about parking a car or obstructing a road - just drop the bike in a hedgerow and get shooting. The image shows a typical country lane in spring foliage near Bushey, Dorset. Off the beaten track, quiet locations like this are seldom seen by tourists, but it's well worth the effort to seek out areas of the county that still remain unspoilt.

Nikkor 12-24 f/4 lens. 1/125 second at f/11. 0.9 grey grad filter. ISO 320.

© 2009

No comments: