Gallery

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Double rainbow...


Initially, I planned to do nothing today - well, not go out and shoot. Sad as it is, a photographer these days can spend more time in front of a computer than actually taking photographs. Apart from editing and processing selected images, there is the need to back-up files (I use three external hard drives for the purpose, plus DVDs for hard copy), and catalogue them so they can be found at a later date.
But I'm not in the mood: yesterday's images inspire me to go out for more. I make an impromptu visit to the Studland Peninsula, Dorset, but I'm sheltering from regular showers as soon as I arrive. I'm trying to photograph Little Sea, an inland water, once salt, now fresh, but things are not coming together. I consider packing up and going home, but keeping an eye on the lightening horizon to the west during one heavy bout of rain gives me hope. I may get a rainbow.
The shower passes and the light does its stuff, and against the dark sky I get not one, but two rainbows - a dimmer secondary bow outside of the primary - with the colours reversed.

12-24 f/4G Nikkor. 1/250 second at f/11. -0.33EV. ISO 640. Polariser.

© 2009

No comments: