Gallery

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Let it rain...


Today it rained. Good; it allowed me to get in front of my iMac and start editing all the images I have shot during the past week - but at the same time keeping one eye on the weather satellite images. By the end of the morning I've completed the first brutal edit and backed up the RAW files to external devices... but that weather forecast looks more and more promising.

It's early afternoon when I set out in the rain to visit Stanpit Marsh, east of Wick Fields, Christchurch. The cloud is supposed to clear by 3 pm - but it doesn't. Either I've misinterpreted the forecast, or it's just simply wrong. The rain does let up for a short while, enabling me to shoot something, despite the poor light, but I've already decided to convert anything I photograph to mono in Photoshop, before I make any exposures. The picture is of the salt marsh reed beds, with a distant Christchurch Priory on the horizon.

24-70 f/2.8 EX DG Sigma lens. 1/100 second at f/8. -0.33EV. ISO 400. Mono conversion in Photoshop CS4.

© 2009

No comments: