Gallery

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Winter and the English countryside...


Today's venture is to return to Studland to photograph Little Sea, but arriving during early morning it soon becomes obvious that the light is from the wrong direction for my chosen location. I make the decision to return during mid afternoon and push on to Corfe Castle.
During the ride I have the idea of replicating the image I made on the Summer Solstice this year, and although I have no reference print with me to match the view, I do remember the location.
Once in position and set up I immediately take the photograph published here, my attention drawn to the light as it moves across the fields. Although I spend half an hour or so taking pictures, once again it turns out that the first shot is the best of the sequence.

24-70 mm f/2.8 EX DG Sigma lens. 1/125 second at f/11. -0.33EV. ISO 200

© 2009

No comments: