Gallery

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Not my cup of tea...

Branksome beach, Poole Bay, Dorset, is the subject of today's photograph. What machinery was used to create the furrows in the sand is unknown to me, but the even spacing and textures, plus the way the ridges catch the autumn sun attracts my attention, and I stop to shoot some images.
I had decided to produce a monochrome picture of the subject before I fired the shutter.

I had passed another photographer making his way along the sea front - camera at the ready over his shoulder -  and fully expected him to stop at this location and take some images, but he carried on without a second glance. Photography is a very subjective thing: One man's interest is another's boredom. Either that, or he didn't want to be seen copying someone else's idea, and doubled-back once I had gone.

24-70mm f/2.8D EX DG Sigma lens. 1/200 second at f/11. -0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200. Converted to mono in Adobe Photoshop.

© 2010

No comments: