Gallery

Friday, September 16, 2011

Seasonal Limbo...

As mentioned in my last post, summer officially came to an end on 31st August. With the autumn equinox nearly upon us next week, it leaves me wondering what these three weeks of seasonal Limbo might be called.

Having ridden out the remnants of Hurricane Irene, which manifested itself only as brisk winds in the South, I return to Throop, Dorset, for some casual photography. Today's photograph was taken from the footbridge of the weir that crosses the Stour at this point, and I make no attempt to conceal the electricity pylons that straddle the landscape, using them as part of the composition.

As with the nearby millpond in my last post, the river itself has also been allowed to return to a more natural state, with far more weed and reeds evident than in all the years I've been going to the spot. I'm sure there is a good reason for deliberately letting the waterway get to this condition, but everyone I speak to locally is as mystified as I am.


24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/125 second at f/11. - 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 250. Polariser.


© 2011

No comments: