Gallery

Friday, August 23, 2013

Fisheye fireworks...




After several weeks shooting, and going from my longest focal length lens to the shortest, I finally end up at the water's edge alongside Bournemouth pier, Dorset, to photograph a local firework display with a fisheye.

I had to get as close to the sea as possible, otherwise I ran the risk of spectators standing in front of the lens, but I also needed to keep a wary eye on an incoming tide. Twice, advancing waves threatened to engulf my camera bag; twice I had to retreat to prevent that happening.

As usual, it is guess everything for a shoot like this, including getting the horizon straight - particularly tricky since it was dark before I set up - but I wasn't too worried considering the distortion I was going to get with the lens. Shooting an event like this with such a wide optic is something I have had in mind for quite some time, and I am rather pleased with the results (pats self on the back).



10.5mm f/2.8G AF Nikkor Fisheye. Bulb setting at f/11. ISO 200. Tripod and remote release.



© 2013


No comments: