Gallery

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Getting closer, but not quite right...




Another evening visit to the beach, and another attempt at shooting fireworks. I'm gradually moving closer each week in a bid to get different perspectives, and this time I am using a standard zoom to capture the pyrotechnics on Bournemouth pier, Dorset.

Although I am getting different images each time I shoot, I feel that there is something lacking in the results I am achieving. What I would really like to do is photograph the display close up, and with a fisheye lens, but there is a temporary exclusion zone in force - for the safety of the public - each side of the pier before and shortly afterwards, so I can't get to where I would like to be: along side the pier, under the fireworks and shooting upwards.

Next week, and weather permitting, I will shoot from a higher vantage point and with a wider lens, and try to incorporate more of the surrounding area in the frame. Keep at it, I tell myself. You'll get there (eventually).






24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. f/11. ISO 200. Tripod and remote release. Guesstimated exposures in bulb setting



© 2013

No comments: