Gallery

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Nothing more...


I couldn't decide upon what to do today, but all it took was starting to watch a YouTube video on telephoto lenses, and inspiration struck.

Without anything preconceived in mind I set off on my bike to the river, armed with a super-telephoto lens and a converter (should I think I need one), just to see what's what.

I love the pictorial effect these lenses produce - especially when the subject is at near minimum focus distance - and the images of the cabbage white butterflies I photographed this afternoon are included here for just that reason, and nothing more.




300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor with TC-14EII converter. Both images:  1/2000 second at f/5.6. - 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 320. Monopod



© 2013

2 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

I see that you don't get a lot of comments, yet you still post regularly. Thanks. I stop by often, and although I don't often leave a word, I appreciate the beauty and expertise of your work. Thanks.

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, Tim. Always nice to get a nod of recognition. :-)