Gallery

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Owzat?...










So, I only just made it. I only found out - through a conversation with a spectator - that this was the last match of the season. In fact they had over-run, so I was lucky to get what I did. Often I have given thought to spending a leisurely afternoon or evening, whiling-away several hours to the sound of willow on leather, and taking some photos in my own sweet time. The trouble was, it often didn't come to mind until it was too late: either in the day, or worse still, when the season was over.

It was an evening match, today, starting at 6.30pm, with stumps being pulled at 8.35. A mere two hours for both sides to have an innings. Cricket at this level is quite animated - no Test match pace, here; no 5 days to deploy your strategy. You have to get out there and get on with it. Take risks, and good running between the wickets (as my headmaster often used to report during school assembly). Good stuff.

I won't bore you with any more details and will just let the images speak for themselves.




300mm f.2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor with TC-14EII converter. Tripod and comfortable, portable seat.



 © 2013 


No comments: