Gallery

Friday, December 09, 2011

Cloud shadows...


At one time I would have set the alarm clock for early starts, but these days I appear to leave it purely to chance that I will wake up before dawn to go out for some early morning shooting. Mind you, there haven't been too may good opportunities for good light of late, so I don't feel I have missed anything.

This morning it is cold. Cold enough to wear thermal underwear, but I don't. I'm only intending to stay until the sun breaks the horizon, but a distant cloud bank scuppers that idea. Even so, I needed those thermals.

I spend around 50 minutes shooting aircraft contrails, dog walkers and passing birds as the light becomes more and more interesting. The sun rose at 7.56am, but it's some 30 minutes later before I shoot the image of shadows cast upon the sky by the clouds.

I do wish I had worn those thermals.

70-200mmf/2.8 Apo Sigma lens. 1/5000 second at f/5.6. ISO 640


© 2011

1 comment:

Nic said...

The price one pays for a good shot, eh? P